Lithuania has selected its best digital innovations for „World Summit Awards 2017“
On 17th of May – the international Telecommunications and Informationn Society Day – finals of Lithuania‘s national contest for „World Summit Awards“ took place, and best digital products for all 8 categories of WSA 2017 were selected.
The final event, which took place at the Martynas Mazvydas National Library of Lithuania, in Vilnius, concluded the selection process that took almost 2 months. 50 digital products were submitted for national contest called „Naujasis knygnesys“ („New Enlightener“ in Lithuanian), covering various areas of digital worls, from government to business, from environment to inclusion.
According to Ieva Zilioniene, Lithuania‘s WSA National expert and part of WSA International Jury, this national contest provides opportunity to see and to evaluate what new, interesting and original innovations have been created by Lithuanian digital developers. „We are small yet ambitious country, which can be proud of our achievements in the digital technologies area.
Global contest „World Summit Awards“ provides one more opportunity to spread this message to the world. Every year, we are trying really hard to find the most exciting digital news in Lithuania, and to present them to global contest. And unually we are susscesfull with our selection – digital innovations developed in Lithuania have become winners of WSA a number of times before. We sincerely wish the same luck to this year‘s national winners“.
The right to present Lithuania in „World Summit Awards“ this year goes to 8 digital developers and their products:
- State Enterprise „Centre of Registers“ for „Cash Limitations Information Sistem” (category „Government and Citizen Engagement“)
- Lithuanian National Radio and Television (LRT) and JSC „Citrus“ for „LRT for Children“ (category „Health and Well being“)
- JSC „Šviesa“ for „Eduka Class“ (category „Learning and Education“)
- Mr. Remigijus Pakštys for „Farmis“ (category „Environment and Green energy“)
- The Wroblewski Library of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences and JSC „Hnit-Baltic“ for „Forgotten Vilnius” (category „Culture and Tourism“)
- JSC „ITO“ for „Tele2 Mobile Station“ (category „Smart settlements and Urbanization“)
- Mr. Andrius Rinkevičius for "Profittools" (category „Business and Commerce“)
- Vilnius University Institute of Mathematics and Informatics for „Raštija.lt“ (category „Inclusion and Empowerment“)