WSA presenting Opportunities
Volunteering for International Professionals (VIP) Fellowship Programme
Zikry Kholil, Chief Brand Officer, Co-Founder Incitement Global and WSA Workshop leader, has informed us about a great opportunity to those who would like to contribute their expertise and are hungry for a new challenge!
It is designed especially for professionals on career breaks who wish to volunteer in Malaysia and now throughout South East Asian countries. The programme is to create a large pool of talented professionals, who are passionate about sharing their expertise and experiences globally, as expert volunteers to contribute towards nation-building. This year, going into cycle 3 of the programme, we are expanding to ASEAN countries and we are looking for NGOs & Social Enterprises that could be part of the programme as the Host Organisation.
This four-month fellowship offers the opportunity for professionals to use their expertise in addressing the respective country's most pressing social issues. In order to ensure a successful programme, each volunteer is matched to a placement within the local communities where his/ her expert knowledge will have the greatest impact.
How does it work?
To make sure we fulfil the need of the host organisations, the fellows will go through a stringent filtering system. There will be 5 professionals (2 foreigners, 2 Malaysians & 1 local from the respective country) that will work with your organisation to design, execute and sustain your existing or new project. They will commit their time and energy with your organisation within 20 weeks period. The programme will cover the cost of flights, accommodation, monthly stipend, visa, insurance, etc for the Fellows that are attached to your organisation.
What’s in it for the VIP Fellows?
What will you get as a Fellow?
- You’ll volunteer with Asia’s leading NGOs for 4 months
- Your flights & visas fully taken care of
- Your accommodation arranged for you
- You’ll even receive a monthly allowance
- Your job is to help your Host Organisation create more social impact
As a Fellow, you also have to meet the following criteria:
- You have a minimum of 3-5 years working or volunteering experience
- You have at least a Bachelor's degree or the equivalent
- You are proficient in English (reading, writing, and speaking)
- You are able to commit full-time to the 16 week programme
- You are willing to work with low-income populations and demonstrate good interpersonal skills
- You are committed to returning to your home country after immediately upon completion of the Fellowship
If you find yourself in the rows above please complete the application form you can find here: http://www.vip.org.my/apply/fellow_application