The WSA Jury process is a strictly democratic and transparent system to guarantee a fair and diverse selection of worldwide digital innovation. Once a project is nominated for the World Summit Awards it has to pass several stages of evaluation and assessment before it can become a WSA Winner and maybe even a Global Champion.
WSA Online Jury 2018
WSA Grand Jury 2018
THE JURY PROCESS
NOMINATION AND APPLICATION
WSA eminent national experts from more than 180 UN member states nominate up to eight projects each – one for every WSA category. Exception is the Youth Category, where open applications are accepted. Once the nominees have completed their application in the WSA online contest database, they are permitted by WSA office to the Jury process.
JURY ROUND ONE
All permitted applications WSA online contest database will be carefully reviewed and evaluated by an especially assembled Online Jury consisting of international experts. This Online Jury pre-selects the best 15 to 18 products in each of the eight WSA categories, the so called Short List.
JURY ROUND TWO
To evaluate the remaining projects which managed to pass the last stage, WSA office assigns Jury Panels to reevaluates the Short List . The Jury Members then select the five winners in each WSA category.
RESULTS | ANNOUNCEMENT & WSA GLOBAL CONGRESS
The winners of the WSA Jury Process are announced public and informed via mail. All winners are invited to join the WSA Global Congress. During the WSA Global Congress, the winners of the WSA get the invitation to pitch their projects in front of an international on site Jury panel. Based on the project presentations, one Global Champion in each WSA category is selected, who is subsequently announced at the Award Ceremony and Gala.
5 Technical Criteria
- CONTENT | Quality and comprehensiveness
- FUNCTIONALITY | Ease of use, user experience, appropriate interactivity
- DESIGN | Navigation / orientation and visual appeal
- TECHNOLOGY | State of the art in technology and quality of technical realisation
- INNOVATION | Originality and newness to targeted users, Business model society and market
2 Strategic Criteria - – social / societal
- IMPACT | Local Impact / Impact on community & society
- VALUE | Addressing UN SDGs, narrowing digital divide, global relevance, potential