The Great War told through VR (Virtual Reality): the innovative immersive experience of the Museum of Monte San Michele
- Original Title: La Grande Guerra raccontata tramite la VR (Virtual Reality): l’innovativa esperienza immersiva del Museo del Monte San Michele.
- Year: 2018
- Award: World Summit Award
- Category: Culture & Tourism
- Producer: Manuela Tomadin, Enrico Degrassi
- Organisation: Ikon
- Country: Italy
- URL: http://www.museodelmontesanmichele.it/
The Great War through VR takes advantage of the latest virtual reality technologies to immerse people in historical events and experiences. On the centenary of the end of the First World War, the Museum of Monte San Michele, near Gorizia, developed the multimedia experience. Trenches, tunnels, fortifications, landmarks and monuments constitute a network of visits equipped with innovative communication tools. Visitors can truly dive into the past, reliving moments of the Great War on the lower Isonzo front.