WSA is a nomination based award system. To apply you need to be nominated by either a WSA National Expert as best national digital application in one of the 8 categories. Each country can only nominate one project/solution per category. Nominations to the international WSA are possible through national contests and national expert panel selection. Through this high level selectory system, please be aware that every country has their own deadlines for the call. The generally communicated WSA deadline is the timeframe of the global call, and communicates the last possible date of a nomination by the national expert panel.
Please read the section below carefully.
HOW TO APPLY
To find out who your WSA National Expert is, please click here. WSA office will be happy to introduce you to your WSA National Expert . Once you have contacted your expert, they will go through the steps you will need to take in order to qualify for national selection with you.
Some countries also offer application through a national contest.
Your project will be reviewed and evaluated if it meets the eligibility criteria and standards of WSA. If your project is chosen to be nominated in one of the WSA categories, your WSA National Expert will enter your data in the WSA online Contest Database. Please make sure your WSA National Expert has the right contact data.
Upon nomination, you will receive a confirmation email inviting you to complete your application. Please make sure to check your spamfolder. After submitting your application you are officially enrolled in the global WSA. An especially assembled international Jury will then evaluated all nominated and completed projects and choose the 40 WSA winners and WSA Young Innovators per year.
- Any company, organisation or individual from all UN and UNESCO member states are welcome to apply.
- The WSA Young Innovators Award is limited to projects initiated and executed by people under the age of 30 from any of the UN and UNESCO member states.
- WSA is strictly restricted to digital applications with a strong impact on society.
- Submissions for the WSA can contain mobile applications, sms based products, webpages, databases, kiosk installations, wearables, IoT etc. There is no limitation regarding the platforms or channels the projects work with.
- The projects can be maximal 2 years old at the date of nomination.
- No ideas, drafts, demonstrations or concepts are accepted, all submitted projects must be market ready or already on the market.
- WSA evaluates and highlights the content, user value and local impact of digital solutions.
WHAT TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN YOU APPLY