WSA DATABASE SUBMISSION GUIDE FOR PRODUCERS
To apply for WSA you have to provide detailed information on your product in the WSA Database.
Please find below some guidelines on how you should provide this information in order to make the application easier to evaluate and process and hence promote your project the best.
- Please be short and precise and make your digital project easy to understand. Avoid too long sentences and complicated technical terms.
- Please fill in your application soley in ENGLISH.
- Please make sure that the URL to your project/product and the e - mail you provided works!
- Please be aware that an international jury is evaluating your project. E.g. if your project cannot be downloaded from the playstore in some countries, please make sure that you give enough information, provide screenshots or a comprehensive presentation for the jurors.
- We advise to first do your application in a word document and then copy paste to the database for easier structuring.
- WSA tries to keep the application as short as possible, hence we advise to fill in all fields, even if they are not obligatory.
GUIDLINES FOR THE VARIOUS SECTIONS OF THE DATABASE
Please summarize the most important aspects of your project in a nutshell. It should give the jurors a short overview about your project, give an easy insight into the purpose of the project and point out the general outlay.
This section should be about 2-3 sentences.
Please add here, if available, a short explanatory video about your product. It should be short and explanatory, so one can get a good impression about what your project is about. A lot of Jury members pefer to view a video to get a first impression, before they go into screening the text provided.
It doesn't have to be professional, your can also provide a homemade video.
Please provide in this field comprehensive, detailed information about your digital project with a special focus on the content and idea of your project.
It is advisable to structure the long description and use bullet points or lists.
This section should provide e.g. answers to the following questions:
- What is it exactly and how does it work?
- Why and when was it started?
- Which local challenges/issues does the project solve in your community? What is your main aim/target that you tackle with your project?
- Is it scalable to a bigger clientele/ other countries?
- What are the next steps planned?
- What are the challengenes you encountered or still expect?
Please provide detailed information on the installation of the product, if necessary.Provide here e.g. if applicable:
- Demo version links
- Demo users and passwords
- Download links
- Special instructions to installation
If it is a website, playstore app etc. you can of course leave the field blank.
WSA is not only about the content and innovation, it is foremost about the innovators standing behind their unique solutions.
This is why we would like to learn more about yourself and/or your team. Explain e.g. your motivation, give some information about your bio/personal experiences and describe the structure of your team, if applicable.
Please describe the concrete problem your solution is solving (especially in the context of the UN SDGs), the impact so far and what makes your solution unique.
- What is the measurable impact in your community so far?
- What UN SDG would apply to your project?
Please name the target group of your project.
This is the section to pinpoint which areas, sections etc. the Jurors should have a special focus on.