WSA GLOBAL CONGRESS 2020 VIENNA
HACK THE GAP - DIGITAL SOLUTIONS FOR THE UN SDGS
MARCH 9-11, 2020
The WSA Global Congress Vienna focusses on the part that digital innovation plays in creating sustainable social change and impact world-wide. The congress will feature the Winners of 2019 - the 40 global winners in the 8 WSA categories and the WSA Young Innovators Winners. This event will connect them with international thought-leaders, ICT experts and local stakeholders to enable a sustainable and transformative knowledge transfer, this event offers you a unique learning journey! Get your ticket now!
10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN!
- Meet and interact with speakers, thought-leaders, start-ups and mentors from all over the world
- Be inspired by the WSA Innovation pitches by the WSA Global Top 40 and WSA Young Innovators in front of a high level experts jury
- Inform yourself on the latest trends of innovative digital content on a global scale at the international thought leadership keynotes and innovation shots
- Learn from other’s experience and work together in an interactive process
- Renew and enhance your skillset in hands on workshops on topics like entrepreneurship, sustainability, blockchain, creativity, design thinking
- Engage in new networks & in a high level knowledge transfer between international and local stakeholders
- Develop new and sustainable partnerships for social franchising & explore a unique global exchange and learn from true leaders
- Celebrate global innovation with social impact at the festive Gala & experience exciting side tracks by the WSA partner
- Contribute to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals Agenda
- Face 2 Face meetings for social franchising
Google Technical Director Marcus East from the US will share insights on Big Data, while Gamelofts Damien Marchi from France will talk about how games can implement social benefit, and P@SHAs Jehan Ara from Pakistan will share how entrepreneurship can create jobs in countries.
The WSA Innovation Pitches by the 40 global winners in the 8 WSA categories and the WSA Young Innovators offer a unique provide overview of how of digital innovation solves the challenges of the 21st century and how social innovation and entrepreneurship play a key role to have a sustainable impact on society.
The Justifiable Ask: What Investors Want to Hear
by Andy Libermann, Miller Center for Social Entrepreneurship, Santa Clara, CA, USA in partnership with Imfino, Impact Financing Organization, Austria
WSA BARCAMP FOR TECH-PRENEURS
in partnership with Talentgarden Vienna facilitated by Stefan Bauer, Innovation School Director, Talentgarden Vienna, Austria
INDUSTRY 4.0 and IoT – Demo presentation and networking meeting
SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURS at THE UN HQ Vienna - Roundtable meeting and discussion
in partnership with UN Information Service Vienna, moderated by WSA Boardmember Matteo Landi, CEO MyChef, Italy
STORYTELLING & MARKETING CLINIC
Josef Umdasch Research Prize Pitches 2020
by Umdasch Group, Umdasch The Store Makers
The WSA Global Congress is not just a conference, it is a networking and learning journey open to everyone interested to meet and exchange with an international crowd of changemakers and ICT experts. From learning about start-up eco-systems throughout the world, to intense networking and matchmaking, the event will connect international thought-leaders, ICT experts and local stakeholders with young social entrepreneurs to enable a sustainable and transformative knowledge transfer.
The World Summit Award Congress 2020 Vienna will be held in the following Venues:
WSA Gala Reception and Award Ceremony honouring the 40 winning teams of WSA 2019, WSA Young Innovators, Josef Umdasch Research Prize Winners and announcement of the WSA global Champions 2020 Vienna will take place at Vienna City Hall.
WSA National Experts, Winners and guests will be hosted by Hotel Schani, Future Hotel - energy efficiency and sustainable building, that collects rain water, uses LED light systems, conventional heating and cooling systems and more measures that have helped them cut energy consumption by 41% compared to conventional hotels.
For your stay in Austria you will need a Schengen Visa. Please find all information here.
WSA Office will be happy to issue an invitation letter, please contact us via mail.
Austria is in the European Union, hence you can pay with EURO. Also international credit cards are widely accepted.
In Austria the power sockets are of type F. The standard voltage is 230 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz. This socket also works with plug C and plug E.
SIGHTSEEING & TRAVEL
Austria is in general a very safe destination, but as everywhere, please look out for your self. The spoken language is German, the majority of people also speaks at leas basic English.
IN THE FRAMEWORK OF
KINDLY SUPPORTED BY
Catch a short glimpse at WSA Global Congress Cascais 2019!