WSA Global Congress 2018
March 20-22, 2018, Vienna City Hall
Did you ever wonder what happens in terms of Digital Innovation in Bangladesh, Botswana, Chile, Philipines and Australia? In March 2018 social entrepreneurs from over 80 countries will come together to share and discuss how ICTs and interactive applications can have a positive and sustainable impact on society. Join this unique international knowledge melting pot and get your ticket now!
10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN!
- WSA Innovation pitches by the WSA Global Top 40 and WSA Young Innovators in front of a high level experts jury
- Inform yourself on the latest trends of innovative digital content on a global scale at the international thought leadership keynotes and innovation shots
- Learn from other’s experience and work together in an interactive process
- Renew and enhance your skillset in hands on workshops on topics like entrepreneurship, sustainability, VR, creativity, social media marketing
- Engage in new networks & in high level knowledge transfer between international and local stakeholders
- Develop new and sustainable partnerships for social franchising
- Explore a unique global exchange and learn from true leaders
- Meet and interact eye to eye with speakers, thought-leaders, start-ups and mentors from all over the world
- Celebrate global innovation with social impact at the festive Gala and WSA After Party by Umdasch Group
- Experience exciting side tracks by the WSA partners
- Thought-Leadership discussions and inspiring keynotes about digital media, technology for social change and solutions for global networks
- Innovation pitches by the WSA Global Top 40 and WSA Young Innovators
- Business Matching Hackathon
- SDG Luncheon @ United Nations HQ Vienna
- WSA After Party by Umdasch Group
The WSA Global Congress Vienna will take you in depth into thinking social entrepreneurship and digital innovation.
Be it the WSA Innovation Shot Speakers who will rock your mind set with their insights, expertise and learnings, the workshop leaders inviting you to create new skill sets, or the inspirationional performers, who will not let you leave the room without new motivation and ideas.
Book your ticket now and join WSA Global Congress Vienna!
The City Hall is one of the most splendid amongst the numerous monumental buildings along Vienna's. Designed by Friedrich Schmidt (1825-1891), it was erected between 1872 and 1883. The architecture of the Ringstraße is dominated by historicism. In Historicism various stylistic elements of the past were combined into a style in its own right. Friedrich Schmidt however orientated himself just on one particular epoch. The City Hall was built in gothical style, with a tower similar to gothic cathedrals. The gothic era saw the growth of the cities and the emergence of an urban burgeoisie.
Today the City Hall is the head office of Vienna's municipal administration. More than 2000 people work in the building. Visitors are stunned by the magnificent appointments of the state rooms, which frequently provide an atmospheric backdrop to various events such as press conferences, concerts or balls.
The 4 star Hotel Regina in Vienna is owned and run in the 4th generation by the Kremslehner family and is completely non-smoking hotel. It is located centrally near a park at the Ringstraße and Vienna University. Hotel Regina was constructed in 1877 as a city palace in the Vienna Historicism style.
Just a 10-minute ride on tram line D or on the U4 metro line from the very centre of Vienna, Hotel Bellevue Wien occupies a historic building dating from the end of the 19th century and offers you air-conditioned rooms, free WiFi and a restaurant. The hotel has been entirely renovated in 2016. Free WiFi is available.
HOTELS NEARBY THE CONGRESS LOCATION
- FLEMING’S SELECTION HOTEL WIEN-CITY ~130,- /night for a single room
- AUSTRIA TREND HOTELS Hotel Rathauspark**** ~ 120,- /night for a single room
- PENSION LIECHTENSTEIN ~50,- / night for a single room
- HOTEL RESIDENCE ~ 40,-/ night for a single room
- PENSION LEHRERHAUS ~ 38,- / night for a single room
Austria is in the European Union, hence you can pay with EURO. Also international credit cards are widely accepted.
In Austria the power sockets are of type F. The standard voltage is 230 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz. This socket also works with plug C and plug E.
SIGHTSEEING & TRAVEL
Austria is in general a very safe destination, but as everywhere, please look out for your self. The spoken language is German, the majority of people also speaks at leas basic English.
For more information on Schengen Visa for Vienna, please visit here.
Smart and sustainable products are a special strength of Vienna as a business location. It is therefore an important sign to hold a congress at the Vienna City Hall, which awards digital solutions with a social impact. We will offer the numerous international visitors a pleasant stay.
Since years, the World Summit Award has promoted outstanding digital concepts and applications that create a social and cultural value. The city of Vienna firmly supports the initiative and is looking forward to the event in the town hall in 2018.
Why are we working together with the WSA? Because we are looking for precisely those companies to which the WSA has access: young, aspiring start-ups with fresh, digital ideas and technological innovations.
We as a successful industrial group of companies will secure our continued existence only if we continually renew our approach and re-invent ourselves.
This time we are also going to get our ideas and innovations from outside, through the Josef Umdasch Research Prize 2018. And of course we are very pleased to be doing this together with the WSA.
THIS WAS WSA SOCIAL INNOVATION CONGRESS SINGAPORE 2016